Friday, October 3, 2008

That is absurd.

In a previous blog entry I mention my mom was taken to the hospital after being struck by a car. Well, today she received a bill from the city fire department for $510.00. That's not the absurd part though. No, the absurd part is the fact that the hospital they took her to was only about two blocks away from where she was.

I know the city has to find ways to pay for things, but I was under the impression that life was supposed to be priceless. Guess I was wrong.

4 comments:

DSOTA said...

That's odd. Why would the fire department be charging your mom anything?

Doug said...

They charged her for the ride in the ambulance. Neglected to mention that part.

derrick said...

Par for the course isn't it in the US of A? User pay all the way? I don't know. Just asking.

Doug said...

I wouldn't know about other cities in the country, but it seems that way here.